Monday, February 13, 2012

In lieu of homework...

While being single can have it's up-sides, one of the major downsides is Valentine's Day. Known to those of us without a significant other as "Single Awareness Day". Honestly? If there were ever a day to make you feel like a complete idiot for not being capable of "righteously seducing a man to go on a date with you" (quote, compliments of Josh Barton), this would be the day. Believe it or not, I will get over it one day. Give me a Valentine, and I'll stop being such a sissy. But, until then: Yay for the public display of affection that you get to enjoy, and I don't; yay for the girly romantic comedies that I get to enjoy and you don't; yay for ice cream!

Anyways, to celebrate "Valentine's Day", our ward Relief Society had a door decorating contest. The rules were that we had to decorate the door as festively as we could in our best rendition of the day known for love. And, what better way to portray that than with hearts and pink, right? Incorrect, my friend. Sydney and I took the liberty of decorating our door with what speaks to us as love. AKA, attractive celebrity males.

Step #1: Wrap the door in newspaper.
Step #2: Cover the door with pictures and pick-up lines.
Step #3: Admire.


Really, the only problem is that it's on the outside of our door, so we have to creepily walk into the hallways to look at it. :)
Lo, and behold, the close-ups...

Brooke, even though you're engaged, I must be a snowflake 'cos I have fallen for you!- Taylor Lautner   


Jenny, do you have a sunburn, or are you always this hot? -Josh Hutcherson
Sydney, I'm glad I brought my library card 'cos I am totally checking you out! -Darren Criss
Jessica, loving you is like breathing... How can I stop?!? -Bradley Cooper
So, no matter where you are or who you are with tomorrow, just remember that you are always loved. Even if the love is from a picture of a celebrity. If it's real to you, then it's real to you. :)

1 comment:

  1. I HEART you Jessica! Thanks for sharing. Totally love the pick-up lines. I guess I could try them on Joe. Awkward? :)

    ReplyDelete